Summer Crits Around Amsterdam
For any budding racer who enjoys criterions, Amsterdam is a great location. There are criterions almost every night of the week, all within easy biking distance of Amsterdam. These races take place on purpose build crit tracks. No open roads, or rough pavement here.
The early season Amsterdam Criterion Series
These are a series of local races from Mid-Feb to Mid-March. They can be very fast and hard as a lot of the local pros will race these events.
For the 2017 calendar click here.
Every week throughout summer
1900 all licenses at Sloten 11 april – 5th september (including elite)
1900 All licenses at UWTC Uithoorn – 29 March – end Sept
1900 Sportklasse and Masters Crit at WTC de Amstel
1915 Spaarnwoude 4 April – 29th August. Details here
1900 URC Ulysees – 4 april – 18 July then 23 Aug – 13 Sept – Sportpark de Weeren, Beemsterstraat 654, 1027 ED Amsterdam.
1900 Sloten crit (no elite) 13 april – 7 september
1900 Amateur, NWL and Elite at WTC de Amstel
Friday – restday
1500 Sloten mid Fed to mid October
1000 Spaarnwoude 5 march – 24 september. Details here
What do you need to race the crits?
- A basic KNWU or UCI icence
- If you are from out of town a UCI licence
How much do they cost?
- €3 or €4 euro entry fee
I have not raced these before, what can i expect?
- You MUST be a confident group rider. These are fast group races.
- The speeds vary but expect hard and fast racing. If you are new to crit racing, watch and learn. Watch how other riders ride the corners and always ride smoothly.
Do I need a chip?
- If you want you official results, yes you must have MyLaps Chip. Contact us and we can email you how to get one