This is focused on cycling but is also applicable to the group interval training sessions as well as the open water swimming sessions. The pre-activity briefing is an important element of any training session and helps to enforce the safety first culture.
- How many are we, what is the skill / experience level
- Go through the route, dangerous parts (roadworks, single file parts)
- Go through expected meteo, wind force and direction, rain?
- Check equipment, lights, no aerobars, clothing, brakes
- Go over the group calls
In case of a fast ride:
- Instructions on where to regroup, what parts are free for all, what past are at slow pace together
Go through key safety points:
- Keep safe distance, no half wheeling
- Speak up, tell what you are doing, going to do
- Be predictable and safe